Need help following tutorial 謝謝!

I don't know if you prefer English or 中文。Either way should work for me.

Getting started I've been following with some issues:

I was unable to get past 3.3.1 bullet point 2:

3.3.1. Flash programmer necessaries

1. Open command terminal for flash programmer execution
  2. Tool path: kl720_sdk\firmware\utils\flash_programmer\nand\flash_programmer.py
  3. install Necessary python modules: kl720_sdk\firmware\utils\requirements.txt

I tried to install requirements.txt. Tried a few things but the cryptography module can't be installed.

I could really use a video that goes through these steps on a PC from scratch. Here is my question. Emailed it and didn't get enough help so:

I am supposed to install a bunch of requirements but because I have python on my PC already I think pip from my PC's python installed those modules, not inside the msys system. Because my PC has python 3.8.3 and the msys has 3.9.6, it's easy to tell. I tried python -m pip but the msys python doesn't have pip:

$ python -m pip

C:/git-sdk-64/mingw64/bin/python.exe: No module named pip

So I installed python-pip with pacman and rebooted my PC and the pip in msys started working but failed to instal numpy==1.18.1

This is the one of the two modules that failed to install on msys. It did install on my pc's python 3.8.3 though.

I was able to manually install the requirements except for numpy==1.18.1 or 1.18.2 or latest

ERROR: Could not build wheels for numpy which use PEP 517 and cannot be installed directly

I couldn't install pycryptodome==3.9.8 or latest either. Too many errors.

So is it possible there are some missing python modules right after I installed python-pip? You're the expert. You may have just realized and installed them but didn't detail in your getting_started.

I also installed python-devel under msys using pacman. I still got pages and pages of errors. I saw No blas library as one of the errors. No idea what that is.

As of now I am stuck. Is it possible for you to freshly install git-sdk-64 and screen record the entire process in a video? If such an expensive demo board (over 400USD) can't even work due to lack of details of instruction, I am not seeing why you make these boards and sell them. Isn't the reason to make easy-to-use demo boards to get more people to use your products? I'm sure you know all the answers but they are just not all on the getting-started for everyone else to know.

Comments

• I was later given some instruction via email response here:

Apparently this is a different thing but I was able to install numpy this way, which can be imported in python within msys but doesn't appear under pip list.

All these instructions are missing critical details for beginners to follow. I wonder why a developer won't take their time to record a screen video going through this simple thing (for them, not simple for beginners) and just post it.

• Hi, Mr. Liu,

The KL720 is an inference AI dongle and is run on the RTOS. There is not support for any python IDE tool. On the KL720, it can execute *.py file. Therefore, you can use pip to install the python and related library.

Yes, you are right. This guideline should be friendly. Thanks for your comment. We will update the guideline.

• Hi 陳宇春,

Then is there a complete tutorial to get this KL720 demo board running anything?

This one wants me to install msys and then install stuff on it, such as python modules, two of which I couldn't install.

If you're saying the KL720 demo board I have runs python on board, then how do I send it a model and data, any tutorials? Will there be any video tutorials?

I'm just a beginner. I could read some introduction on AI and models. Any recommendations? My background is circuit design and programming (not involving AI). Thanks.

• I also faced the same issue for installing packages . Will it give us any error if I install a higher version (1.21.1) for numpy

• Hi Zengqiang Liu and William,

We recommend you replace host lib with Kneron Plus because it is more user-friendly, efficient, and powerful.

For beginners, you can see the reference : http://doc.kneron.com/docs/#plus/getting_started/ , there are detail steps in the documentation.

If you still have any problem, we are willing to answer it and feel free to ask.

Thank you.

The discussion has been closed due to inactivity. To continue with the topic, please feel free to post a new discussion.