Error: output buffer partially overlaps with working buffer!

Hi there,

I followed the example workflow, and tried to optimized my model which has single channel input instead of three (RGB).

I passed BIE part and batch compile, but failed in the last part NEF.

You can find the script as follows

Here are error outputs

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• @yp

Hi yp,

Based on your scripts and error messages, you mean that you passed 'Section 4. E2E Simulator Check (Fixed Point)' and generated .nef success, but got an error on Section 6. E2E Simulator Check (Hardware)?

If yes, can you provide your model and several of your test_img_list? Let us find the cause of the error message.

• Hi Andy,

I will send you our model and test images by the message.

Thanks for your reply.

• @yp

Hi yp,

Hello, I have seen that your model contains an operator (sigmoid), which KDP520 NPU (platform=520) does not support, so you can put your sigmoid on your post process.

Another way solution, you can use KDP720 NPU (platform = 720), this will pass '== Section 6. E2E Simulator Check (Hardware) ==' 🙂

• ypyp
    edited March 2022

@Andy Hsieh

Hi Andy,

Thanks again for your reply.

So, I cut the sigmoid operator, but get same error outputs, any suggestion?

Besides, I find there are two additional unsupported operators (Reshape and Transpose) for both 520 and 720, but IP evaluation warnings only happen to 520. Something I missed?

For platform 720 simulation, everything goes well.

Thanks. 🙂

• @yp

Hi yp,

I'm glad to help you.

This is because the operators supported by the KL520 can be 100% sure that they cannot support sigmoid, but you mentioned that the other two unsupported operators (Reshape and Transpose) are supported in some cases, so these situations maybe occur.

So on the KL520, I would suggest that if you have (Reshape and Transpose) at the end of your model, we will want you to cut these operators out and put them in postprocess, you can try it to solve the 'error outputs' problem.

If it is KL720, there will be more operators supported, but I also hope to do other processing for the operators that are not supported.🙂

• @Andy Hsieh

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the explanation.

Now, I can pass the script by following your suggestion.

Thank you. :)

• Glad to help. 🙂

The discussion has been closed due to inactivity. To continue with the topic, please feel free to post a new discussion.