How to use model_520.nef

Hi, I created the model_520.nef, so now I'm trying to use this model to make inferences.

I try to use generic inference raw:

Giving me this error,

I would like to know the steps to load this model in to the KL520 to make inferences,

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• It seems the firmware system got something after load your NEF model.

How many models in your NEF file? Is any model with model_id 19 in the NEF file.

And how large your NEF file is?

• Hi,

I create the NEF file after converting one ONNX model following the Toolchain Manual.

I try changing model_Id to the one I used doing the Toolchain Manual, but still doesn't work. Doesn't model_id 19 belong to tiny yolo v3?

The NEF file is 88 Kb large.

I also tried running ex_kdp2_tiny_yolo_v3 and ex_kdp2_update_firmware, but there was no response, I just waited while nothing happened.

Is there a way to reset the firmware or is there another way to fix this?

Thanks for the reply

• Yes, the model_id 19 is for Kneron's tiny yolo v3 example. But the NEF is just 88Kb, so I guess the model you generated is not tiny yolo v3.

Was the NEF file generated by command "fpAnalyserCompilerIpevaluator_520.py" and "batchCompile_520.py".

Because of there are two types of chip in toolchain, users should confirm the device they are using.

Are you using the dongle of KL520? Please re-plugin the dongle and the firmware will restart.

Here are some recommend steps for you:

1. Re-plugin the dongle
    2. Execute "ex_kdp2_update_firmware" to make sure the firmware version is correct
    3. Run "ex_kdp2_generic_inference " with "-p bypass" and "-d your_model_id"

Then you should got the output feature of your model.

If it still got any error, just feel free to provide the command and error message to us.

• Hi,

Yes, the NEF file generated by command "fpAnalyserCompilerIpevaluator_520.py" and "batchCompile_520.py".

I'm using the dongle of KL520.

I re-plugin the dongle, execute "ex_kdp2_update_firmware" and work well.

After that, I tried the third step, and haven't get a diferent answer from the start “error load model failed”.

I also try to execute “ex_kdp2_tiny_yolo_v3” with no response.

To synthesize:

1. I converted a ONNX model into NEF model following the Toolchain Manual.
    2. I plug the dongle and update firmware.
    3. Copy the binaries from app_binaries/KL520/tiny_yolo_v3/ into ota/ready_to_load/
    4. Run “ex_kdp2_generic_inference” with -p and -d arguments. With same error from the start.

Are the steps right or there is a step wrong/missing?

Thanks for your help!

• I think the problem is that you didn't specify the path of model you want to inference.

Please run  “ex_kdp2_generic_inference” with arguments -p, -d, and -m to specify the path of your NEF.

And the step 3 of your list is for another purpose, it's not necessary here.

If you got no response after executing “ex_kdp2_tiny_yolo_v3”, there could be some file losing in your project. Please post the error message or re-download the project and try again.

The discussion has been closed due to inactivity. To continue with the topic, please feel free to post a new discussion.