Segmentation fault running KneronDFUT

I am still trying to install everything. I am getting a Segmentation fault when I run KneronDFUT. I doesnt give me any more details than that. I am here in the install process:

Trying step 2 which should just display help info. How do I fix this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Here is some more info on the error. Not sure what file it is talking about

(gdb) run

Starting program: /home/mycroft/Downloads/Kneron_DFUT/bin/KneronDFUT 

[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]

Using host libthread_db library "/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthread_db.so.1".

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

0xb6fd86f4 in _dl_lookup_symbol_x (undef_name=0xb5649300 "pthread_create", undef_map=0xb6ff5948, ref=0xbefff034, symbol_scope=0x0, version=0x0, type_class=0, flags=3, 

skip_map=0x0) at dl-lookup.c:806

806 dl-lookup.c: No such file or directory.

• I did a clean install of the OS on my Raspberry. Getting this error now.:

Reading symbols from KneronDFUT...

(No debugging symbols found in KneronDFUT)

(gdb) run

Starting program: /home/mycroft/kneron/Kneron_DFUT/bin/KneronDFUT

/bin/bash: line 1: /home/mycroft/kneron/Kneron_DFUT/bin/KneronDFUT: No such file or directory

During startup program exited with code 127.

Please help

• Hi Myron,

After downloading Kneron_DFUT_raspberry_pi_1.3.0 in the development center, please go inside the Kneron_DFUT/bin folder, then try running the Kneron_DFUT program by entering the ./Kneron_DFUT command. Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

• That is what I did to get the error. I downloaded Kneron_DFUT_rsapberry_pi_1.3.0.zip. When I run ./Kneron_DFUT I get the error above. Please help

• Hello,

Are you using RaspberryPi4? The DFUT tool only supports RPi4 now.

• Yes, I am using a Raspberry PI 4.

• Is there a way I can work around using this tool or away to debug it?

• Hello,

For the error you posted before "pthread_create", you can try to delete the file /Kneron_DFUT_rsapberry_pi_1.3.0/Kneron_DFUT/lib/libpthread.so.0 and execute again. The application will load system default library instead.

• I tried that and it didn't work. I then added Kneron's lib to the path. I think we got further and got a different error. Now its looking for a different file:

(gdb) run

Starting program: /home/mycroft/Downloads/Kneron_DFUT/bin/KneronDFUT

[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]

Using host libthread_db library "/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthread_db.so.1".

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

0xb6fd86f4 in _dl_lookup_symbol_x (undef_name=0xb564a300 "pthread_create", undef_map=0xb6ff5948, ref=0xbefff474, symbol_scope=0x0, version=0x0, type_class=0, flags=3, skip_map=0x0)

at dl-lookup.c:806

806 dl-lookup.c: No such file or directory.

• Maybe it a charter set issue. i.e. my Raspberry PI only has US-Eng loaded. Which charter sets do you have loaded on you Raspberry PI?

• Any help?

• Here is the PRi image created by Kneron. To make sure your environment, maybe you can find a new SD card to install with it and try again.

• @Ethon Lin I tried that and I am getting the same error. I did run sp update first. Can you confirm you have a current version of a Raspberry PI able to update the firmware of the USB ?

• Or you can build a console DFUT instead of pre-built DFUT GUI tool we provided.

step1: Download plus v1.3 here

https://www.kneron.com/en/support/developers/?folder=Kneron%20PLUS%20(incompatible%20successor%20to%20host_lib)/Kneron%20PLUS/&download=871

step2: And refer to the document, the steps on RPi should be the same with on ubuntu.

Or you can just follow the commands below:

$ cd kneron_plus/

$ mkdir build

$ cd build/

$ cmake -D WITH_DFUT=ON ..

$ make -j

Then you will find the executive "DFUT_console" in /kneron_plus/build/bin

All functions on DFUT can be used by DFUT_console, too.

• @Ethon Lin that worked! Thank you

The discussion has been closed due to inactivity. To continue with the topic, please feel free to post a new discussion.